The huge impact of languages on our behavior cannot be overemphasized. Languages have the capacity of impacting one’s success and health. Before going into the full article, we need to first understand what it means to affirm, or to be affirmative.
To affirm something is to state that it is so, and maintain this as being true. Affirmations can be used to change the conscious state of one’s mind to accept that which it wishes to believe. Affirmations can be used to change thinking patterns.
Now, what is Positive Affirmation? Positive Affirmation is a statement that can help change and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. When you repeat them often, and believe in them, positive changes can be made.
Positive affirmations require regular practice if you want to make long lasting and long-term changes to the ways that you think and feel. Positive affirmations can be used to motivate yourself and encourage positive changes in your life.
If you find yourself frequently getting caught up in negative self-talk, positive affirmation can help to fight off these often-subconscious patterns and replace them with more adaptive narratives. Some other benefits of positive affirmation include:
- It is very useful for boosting your self-esteem
- It helps us perceive otherwise “threatening” messages with less resistance
- It helps us respond in less defensive manners
- It strengthens our resilience to difficulties when they arise
- It helps us navigate social exclusions, feelings of discomfort and societal pressures
- Decrease in health-deteriorating stress and increase in their physical behavior
The most important thing, according to self-affirmation theory, is that your affirmations reflect your core personal values and influence your future.
Here are a few positive affirmations for you to practice.
- I am the author of my life
- Today, I am brimming with energy and overflowing with joy
- I am superior to negative thoughts and low actions
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them
- I possess the qualities needed to be extremely successful
- My business is growing, expending and thriving
- Happiness is a choice; I choose to be happy
- Everything that is happening is happening for my own good
- I am a force; I am indestructible
- The perfect partner for me is coming into my life sooner that I expect
- I am at peace with who I am as a person
- I am beautiful, in spite of what people say
- I am strong, even if I do not feel so right now
- I am a winner
- I am enough
- Asking for help is not a weakness, it is a strength
- I am grateful for the things I have, even if they may not be all I need
- I will let go of situations that are not healthy for me
- My failures do not define me, they teach me
- I am in charge of how I feel, and right now, I choose to be at peace
- I forgive myself for not being perfect, because I am human
- I forgive myself for my past mistakes, they do not define me
- I am worthy of love and joy
- I listen to my intuition and trust my inner guide
- I believe in, trust and have confidence in myself
You can create your own personal affirmations based on your wishes and desires. What is important is that you are intentional and consistent about saying them to yourself.
Say your affirmations with conviction, in your unique voice and see how your world will take a positive turn around.